Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I will never again use Febreze


nowhere on my Febreze bottle does it saw it could harm my pet - I am already super conscious about chemicals around my dog; Febreze seems harmless...
When a bad carpet cleaning experience left our carpet smelling... wet?, we generously sprayed it with Febreze.  Poor Shelby laid on it all day and apparently had an allergic reaction to it.  She scratched some hair off her nose and scratched her eye until it was bleeding!  We stayed up a lot of the night washing the hot spots with cold water and Brent made a Benadryl run to Safeway at 1 am.  I am so thankful for Benadryl this morning!  It is safe for dogs (as long as it's capsule form - not the liquid which has alcohol), and it made her sleep the rest of the night.  I stayed up doing some research about the product online and I was horrified to find how many pets have allergies to Febreze.  It can cause seizures!  How do products like this get approved for use around children and pets???  It's ridiculous.    She's doing much better this evening thankfully.



No comments: