Monday, February 16, 2009

valentine's and mid-winter break.

Brent and I usually don't do much for Valentine's day except spend the day together. Since we opted not to do Christmas gifts last year (because we were on vacation) - we decided to actually get a gift for eachother this v-day. Brent always seems to want things that are out of stock (Sounders FC jerseys are backordered until the end of March!) He is always begging me to rub his back and I HATE doing it - I know that sounds terrible. I bought him an hour long massage to try to make up for it as well as some other smaller gifts. I was super excited about what he gave me though: a gps. Anyone who knows me well knows that I get lost at least once a week, I have no idea where north vs. south is unless I can see a landmark - even then I don't usually know what direction it is I am supposed to go. Now that I am managing home programs and have to drive to residential subdivisions in areas I've never been - a gps is essential! That night we went to a "Halloween" party (yes, Halloween.) Our friend Sharon wanted to throw an "anti-valentine" party and figured Halloween was the best opposite holiday. It was a lot of fun bringing out the Spartan Cheerleader outfits again. We played board games for HOURS! The best part was the group of us in our costumes, walking around the U District in search of some pizza at 1:30 am. We actually found some!

I am so looking forward to the rest of this week. It is mid-winter break for Seattle Schools, meaning I don't work at Rising Stars again until February 23rd. This frees up my day so much! I typically only work about 6-10 hours per week managing home programs right now - and that's my only job for the week. I will be going to the dentist, getting a haircut, cleaning my house, training my dog, and going to the gym. I can't wait for entire months to be spent like this in summer.

No comments: