Today, our friends/neighbors had to put their sweet dog down. It broke my heart. Loni is as much a part of their family as Shelby is ours. Shelby and Loni were never friends - more like nemesis sharing a common fence. Their favorite activity to do together: run up and down on opposite sides of the fence - emitting vicious snarls and barks. This has been a game for them for the past year and half. When I get home, Shelby was staring through the fence at their open back door - the one Loni usually makes her entrance from. My heart goes out to them. Us couples with no children tend to attach ourselves to our dogs as if they'll be with us forever. I heard somewhere that dogs have short lifespans because they don't have to waste any time figuring life out. They know how to love and be happy from the minute they're on this earth. I've already shed my tears for Loni - she will be missed by many.
No comments:
Post a Comment