Monday, June 21, 2010

First Father's Day



Brent,
Remember the day we found out I was pregnant? I was shocked... and terrified. And you? You smiled, and then you laughed at my reaction. That's when I knew you were meant to be a dad. Over the next few days while I panicked over our financial situation, rearranged plans to finish my graduate degree, and mourned the loss of the Europe vacation we were hoping to take this summer, you were nothing but positive. Throughout my entire pregnancy, you were there every step of the way. Every midwife appointment, every blood draw, every parenting class. You read books to my belly at night before bed and loved to feel our baby kicking inside me.
The day our baby arrived, I saw your eyes tear up the first time you held him.
I know it's been an adjustment. You don't do well on little sleep and yet you still volunteer to rock him after his 4 am feeding.

Ry absolutely loves you, and smiles everytime you walk into the room.
And of course you still manage to spend time with our first-born.
You are already the best daddy, and our adventure has just begun.
Happy first Father's Day :)


1 comment:

Beth Stout said...

Happy father's day Brent! I love the blog- I check it all the time. It was REALLY great to see you today, Brandi, who knew pump it up was so fun? Looking forward to seeing you friday and hopefully we can talk more then!