Wednesday, March 23, 2011

a hospital visit

"B" enjoying her new tiara
 This weekend, our good friend's 22 month old baby girl  had a pot of boiling water spill on her and burned her sweet little legs and abdomen.  They live a few hours from here but she was airlifted to Harborview, which has a fantastic burn center.  Also, it is 15 minutes from our house so we got to visit this little sweetheart today.  She is still in the pediatric ICU and we're crossing our fingers she'll be well enough tomorrow to move to acute care.  We hope she won't have to be here too much longer - but if they do we'll be keeping them company.
Ryland with B's daddy, Jordan
greeting eachother like old friends!
"B" is such a funny gal - clapping and saying "yay!" when she had her catheter removed.  Love it!  She was a little down today when we came (I would be too if I were stuck in a hospital room, my legs so sore and bandaged that I was unable to walk around!) but she perked up so much when she saw the treats we brought for her.  It made my day to see her so happy. We can't wait to see her up and running around again. 

1 comment:

Greg and Michelle said...

This just breaks my heart. I am so glad they have you guys in the area for support!