Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Playing Catch-up!

I'm not sure where the past month has gone, my apologies to our family who checks this page religiously for updates (thanks for the prompt, Mamaw!)

So here's a brief update on the last part of our summer:

I'm back in classes (finishing my online certificate program).  Bye-bye free time!

 We still hang out with "Tater" during the day - these little dudes are best buds (and at times they are nemeses...)

 Daddy likes his new job, but he has been working A LOT!  We say goodbye to him by 7am, and he's been making it home around 6 pm. 
 Some of our favorites, Micah and Paige, came for a visit from New York.

 
 This little man turned 17 months old!  Check out his beautiful hair color - I'm in love with it (and him)  He has lots to say these days, although he's a little hard to understand and doesn't quite understand my demands for him to "enunciate!" His favorite things to say are "whaadat?" ("what's that?"), "ahwhaaandat" ("I want that") and  "stuck!" ("I would like help getting up on the couch, mom")  He also enjoys making animals noises and we somehow accidentally taught him that cows growl. 
Mama: "Ry-Ry, what does a cow say?"
Ry: "grrrrrrrrr"

He is such a sweetie pie.
Here are some pictures of the past few weeks:







The other big change that's happened around here is:

This mama went back to work.  
I mean, I have been working - here and there - and mostly from home.
But NOW, I'm working with a few new clients just 1-2 days a week (we're talking 14 hour days here).  So I still have 5-6 days home with my gorgeous boy.  This brings my work total up to 22-30 hours per week.  

Oh, and did I mention it's a 1.5 hour commute each way? 
So between doubling my work hours, taking 2 graduate classes, spending hours each week in the car, and trying to be an awesome mom - my life has turned pretty crazy.  I hired an amazing nanny to help us out - the boys m
et her yesterday and they are as in love as I am.  Finding a competent nanny = the most difficult thing I've done in motherhood thus far!
But I am excited to soon be bringing in income for my little family again and begin paying off the nice little chunk of debt we've built up during our college years.  Ahhh, life.

So we're happy and hanging in there.  I think my sweet boy is due for a photo shoot soon.  New posts to come!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hi, brandi! I enjoy reading about Ryland, too. 8)

loriol said...

yay ive been waiting for an update!