So in addition to working, parenting, applying to grad schools, and taking 2 classes, I decided to also start training for a marathon.
I signed up to be a volunteer for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society with Team in Training (TNT). TNT is an organization that trains runners for races all over the world - we meet a couple times a week for team runs and get personalized training plans, nutrition info, shoe fittings, etc. In exchange for the amazing training I am receiving - I will be fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. In order to qualify for my marathon, I have to raise $1,500.
I am not really a runner - I've always ran a little... but never pushed myself. And because I'm slightly crazy and definitely an overachiever, I signed up for the "high-intensity" team. Needless to say I've been working my butt off. In my first week of training, I've already ran further and longer than I EVER have. I'm definitely going out of my comfort zone here! And while I am training for the full marathon, I am contemplating signing up for the half since it is my first real race... We'll see how my body responds and that will help make my final decision!
I signed up because I want do something good for me that doesn't involve school or work or even my precious little guy (and let's face it, these three things consume my life lately). Team in Training is perfect because in addition to improving the quality my life, I'm raising money to find cures for Leukemia, Hodgkin's, Myeloma, and Lymphoma. As an organization, they've raised over $1.2 billion for research! I'm proud to wear my Team in Training jersey - and I am hopeful that I can raise the money to remain on this amazing team.
I'm trying to pull together some projects for my etsy store (which has been sitting empty for awhile). The proceeds from that will all go to LLS. But until I finish my final papers for my class, I just don't have the time to get that up and running.
If you'd like to make a donation to LLS by sponsoring me, I would greatly appreciate anything you can give! I can promise you Team in Training is a legitimate, long-running, well-known, and fantastic organization.
If you are able and willing to donate anything to LLS (and by doing so sponsoring me on my quest to become a runner!) - you can visit my personal fundraising website here
I'll keep you all updated on my journey - and thanks for your support!
-Brandi
1 comment:
that is awesome!! you will love it!! go brandi!! I'll donate
Post a Comment