On Friday, Brent's mom threw us a family baby shower - it was so much fun opening all the cute baby gear! I have 2 more scheduled - an Ephrata friends/neighbors one during Christmas break and 1 with my coworkers in January. I can't wait!
Saturday was our nephew Isaac's baptism, and as soon as that was over we headed back to Seattle. It was definitely a busy weekend.
In other news, I have been taking my own blood pressure at home now and keeping a log. My most recent reading at home? 117/66 - a beautiful number, right? At my midwives' office? 152/70. That's a pretty big jump!!! The good news is it is most definitely a white coat hypertension - hopefully my home log can prove it to my midwife and if nothing else, taking my bp a few times a day might help my relieve my anxiety some.
Baby is getting big - I can see him moving in my belly sometimes and it is the weirdest thing. What else is getting big? My face and butt. Awesome.
This has to be the most random post ever - but I also wanted to brag about how well taken care of I am. Brent made enchiladas this afternoon for dinner even though he has class from 5:30-9. When I got home from work at 6, all I had to do was stick them in the oven for 10 minutes. I guess he knows that if I have to make myself dinner it usually ends up being oatmeal (hey, it's easy and I'm STARVING by then). Thanks Brent! One day I'll figure out how to cook and clean and all those normal wifely duties to pay you back.
And I leave you with this: our Christmas tree is up. We picked it up from a local tree farm - I haven't had a real tree since I was in middle school. Now if only it would snow here...

No comments:
Post a Comment