Monday, January 4, 2010

Busy Weekend

Brent and I have come to the realization that the days of just the two of us and the lifestyle we're used to is coming to an end.  So this past weekend we went to 2 movies, a concert, a Seahawks game, and hiking.  We knew a member of the opening band at the concert and he hooked me up with a reserved seat in front as well as backstage access - which has a much better view anyway!  I also got free drinks :)  I usually don't want any special "pregnancy treatment" but I have to admit it was nice in that setting.  Yesterday we went to my first Seahawks game - football being my LEAST favorite sport.  However, we got club seats (yay for friends who don't use their super nice tickets!!), it was free hot dog and water day, and Ken Griffey Jr. raised the 12th Man flag and who doesn't love him?  Being so close to the field made watching the game much more tolerable and I think I can even say I had fun.  I even got to meet up with one of my favorite kiddos there - I met him when he was 4, can't believe he's 10 now!  We joined some friends who were tailgating (with some awesome food!) by the piers at 10 am - made it back to our house after the game at 6 pm.  I was EXHAUSTED! 
We didn't waste a minute of our weekend :)  It was back to work for me today, 2 weeks off always makes the first day back super hard.  At least I work with the cutest kids ever - I love 5 year olds because they are so dang happy to be at school.


Me and Brent at the game with one of my favorite 10 year olds in the world!  

No comments: