Saturday, January 23, 2010

cloth diapers & birth class

Why are there so many choices?  I've been reading diaper reviews all night.  I'm leaning towards hybrids but I may just start by ordering a sampler pack, try them out with baby, and see which kind keeps him driest and leak-free. 

We had our first childbirth preparation class today.  I think I'm really going to like it.  Most of the other couples are about 10 years older than us, but that's Seattle for you.  I wasn't sure what to expect but was happy to discover it really focuses on a natural birth experience and we got to practice some breathing and relaxation techniques today.  We also watched a birth - which was a first for Brent.  His comment about the video: "that was weird."  I think it scared him a little because he ran off to play with his friends in Bellingham tonight.   Seems like it's starting to hit him that we are going to be PARENTS soon!  I didn't mind being left behind - It's been awhile since I've been home alone with no plans on a Saturday night.  I rented 2 movies, ate a whole box of Mike and Ike's, and I've been in search of the perfect cloth diaper for hours. 

It's midnight - I can't believe I've stayed up so late.  Shelby and I are off to snuggle.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Awww, wish I could have eaten some Mike and Ikes with you! Cloth diapers ARE confusing, so many choices! Its like prefolds, contours, AIOs...blah blah blah. Enough to give you a headache. What did you finally decide on?