The parents of my students surprised me today with a baby gift: a Flip camera. We really needed a video camera and I love the Flip - no tapes, no batteries, no cords = so easy! The picture quality is great too. I am excited to bore everyone with the huge amount of baby videos I'll be taking - just wait!
I have 3.5 weeks of work left, unless the little guy decides to come early. I'm going to miss all my little students so much. Today, one particularly adorable student of mine asked me if I had "under-belly x-ray goggles" to look at my baby with. He also loves feeling the baby move and after one powerful kick, he screamed "the baby's coming out!" Love it. Pre-schoolers are very interested in the baby-growing process and ask TONS of questions - such as "how did that baby get in there?" and "how will you get the baby out?" They also love looking at the ultrasound pictures - one student informed me that he took a picture of his diarrhea and it looked just like my baby. Thanks, kid, but I think my baby is cuter than diarrhea. There's never a dull moment at the school, that's for sure. Despite being sad to leave my position and likely not going back in the fall, I am still counting down to my last day. It's no fun to work when my back feels like it's breaking in half and this baby is seriously draining my energy source!
no belly picture this week - I feel HUGE. I'll brave up and take one this weekend to celebrate the 36 week mark.
2 comments:
The comments from your kids at school crack me up! Diarrhea?! I'm so excited for your little guy to get here. I get to play with so many new babies at work this week. Today one that was fresh out of an emergency c-section and she was a tiny lil' 5 lbs. Fuzzy as can be. So cute!
does this mean you're blogging now, miss Katie??
Post a Comment