So what we thought was a tooth is most likely a calcium deposit - which is probably what is causing all these teething symptoms. The Dr. wasn't 100% sure though - so we'll keep in eye on it and see if it becomes more tooth-like (it's kind of in a weird spot, so I'm really hoping it's NOT a tooth! Or else we need to start thinking about braces...)
The ringworm almost vanished overnight - you can barely make it the tiny rings now. I'm contributing this to the vitamin E treatments I've been doing and will be trying that on myself next time.
Mr. Ry-guy had his checkup and is becoming a long and skinny little fellow. He is now 25 inches long, which puts him in about 70th percentile for height, and 14.9 pounds, which puts him in only the 40th percentile for weight. I am going to try harder to make him nurse a little longer at each feeding - I think I BORE him. He nurses for a few minutes then finds something more interesting to do and won't finish his meal. I love fat babies though, so it's my goal to fatten him up a little :)
Our pedi suggested we start some rice cereal now. I was reluctant to do rice cereal at all before because it doesn't seem to have much nutrition in it and I wasn't really wanting to spoon-feed my baby at all (see baby-led weaning). But now I've warmed up to it (maybe because Brent told me I was being too much of a hippie!) and have accepted that rice cereal does have some iron in it... which can benefit him. Mostly I just think it will fun though and will get him more interested in eating grown-up food. So look forward to a post about his first cereal - coming soon!
He did so well with vaccines once again - what a tough baby we have! He let out one little pout and "wah." Then he was all smiles again. He was also flirting with all the ladies in the waiting room - smiling and yelling "Hoo!" at them. You can bet he was the most popular person in the room.
His ear canals have opened up to be a normal size now as well (they were nearly closed for months), so we've escaped the Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor trip.
So all-in-all he's a healthy little guy.
I'm not sure if I posted about his weird toes - but I talked to his doctor about them today. He thinks they'll straighten out when he starts walking. Good to hear!
No comments:
Post a Comment