Friday, December 3, 2010

8 months old

I feel like I just wrote the 7 month post!  Little man in 8 months old today.  Here's a little update about Ry-Guy:

balancing on his drum
 He's crazy.  Into absolutely everything.  He is not a good climber yet but he is trying HARD, which probably means he'll be an AMAZING climber in about a month.  As you can see in the picture above, he does manage to get up on things after a few attempts.

yams up his nose...

 He is such a ham.  Loves to smile for the camera.  

his favorite play place: the Christmas Tree
 He's on the move - not completely crawling but he doesn't seem concerned about technique. He can drag himself anywhere.

 Handsome. Need I say more?

eating baby cookies
 Child still loves to eat.  He is doing better with nursing (as in actually staying still long enough to finish a feeding.)  Thank goodness for that - I think he's actually put on some weight recently.  But he loves table food so much.  The one thing we've found that he does not like is egg yolk (he gags, it's funny...)  Favorite foods of the month: cottage cheese, mozarella cheese, apricots.  I made him some "cookies" (teething biscuits) and those pretty much rocked his world.  Baby boy is happiest when there is food in front of him.  I made the mistake of letting him have a sip of my Sprite (he just looked so cute reaching for it.)  He thought it was awesome, and thought I was pretty dang mean for not letting him have more. 

 He's gotten pretty attached to Brent lately.  He's starting to get upset when he leaves for work and reaches out to him when he comes home.  It's so sweet.  He's going to be so excited next month when Brent will be home more!

not happy to look like Tigger
 He throws tantrums.  I guess I would too if I had no other way to communicate!  He gets especially frustrated when he can't get somewhere he wants to be.  He wants to walk so badly.  He is constantly pulling himself on on things and loves to take steps around the house holding my hands.  Poor little guy just has so many places he wants to be and he's not getting there scooting around on the floor.  It must be frustrating.

 We love the evenings when everyone is home and we get to play.   Ryland especially loves this weird game that Brent made up - see above.

 Books are pretty awesome and he can entertain himself for the longest time if I give him a nice stack of books.  Hope Santa brings him some more!

Hanging out with cousin Alice
All in all, he's so much fun.  He's got some attitude (like his momma...) but he's a pretty sweet little man.  I think we'll keep him.

No comments: