Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This growth spurt...

...is crazy!

The past three days, Ryland has taken a 3+ hour nap in the morning (yesterday it was 4.5 hours!), wake up to eat, then goes back to sleep for a couple of hours, wake up to eat + play a little, go to bed and sleep all night.  When he's not sleeping, he is eating.  And I know I always talk about how much this kid eats, but it is so unreal right now.  His mealtime duration has doubled - he eats for a full hour at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I just keep refilling his bowl.  It doesn't matter what I give him, he gobbles it down like he hasn't seen food for days.  I tried to take him grocery shopping with me yesterday and he had a total meltdown being surrounded by so many yummy foods - he wanted to eat everything he saw.
I'm hoping this sleep+eat+sleep cycle is just a growth spurt.  It's been awhile since he's had one - I've forgotten how completely miserable he gets during them!  He is such a grump (maybe the poor guy has growing pains!)  I have a feeling I'll be sorting through all his clothes this weekend and finally putting away the 12 month outfits for good.   

No comments: