This has been a "learning spurt" month! Ryland is doing way more things than he was just a month ago and it is SO FUN!
He is so social. He loves to share everything he has (except his light saber and guitar.) Whenever we are at a restaurant, he makes sure to offer the people around us a taste of his food (I think this is adorable, others don't always agree!)
He is a problem-solver. He can figure out how to get into/onto/under ANYTHING. The world truly is his playground.
He walks like a pro. And is starting to run. From the second he wakes up to the second he goes to sleep - he is nonstop!
He makes sound effects for everything. Here, on his favorite ride-on toy from grandma and grandpa, he says "VROOM!"
He is always laughing. I love his happy personality.
And he's SUCH a cheeser. I just love his silly smile.
This guitar broke days ago and I am ordering him a replacement today. He was pretty upset to see it break into 2 separate pieces. His absolute favorite thing to do is play guitar with daddy.
He loves to be outside. He likes dirt, sticks, flowers, mud... Too bad the weather is not cooperating with us lately!
He follows a lot of directions now - and as a result he's become a pretty good helper. He can do tasks like "put this in here" "bring that to mommy" "give this to daddy" Something he does NOT follow "don't touch that!" He thinks that is pretty funny.
I've been later Ry and Tater do some cooking lately - Ryland is a good taste-tester.
I cannot stress enough the love of the guitar...
This is his "funny" trick that he likes to do to everyone when we're out. It is cute.
I see this face A LOT now. He definitely understand "uh-uh"
Mommy's phone is the BEST toy. He holds it up to his ear and jabbers.
He found this carton of milk in the recycling bin. He brought it to me and signed "milk" - poor guy was not happy when I told him it was "all gone"
He's the messiest eater I've ever seen. He tries to use the spoon but usually holds it backwards.
so then he holds the spoon with his other hand and digs in with his fingers.
He loves this picture book. He can label "dog" "cat" and "duck" in it. They all sound pretty similar at this point though ("daaahhg", "tat", "dut"). His newest cutest trick is to say "woof woof!"
He wants to be just like Shelby :)
He loves to point and label things. Whether is a "daaaahg", "mama", "mih" (milk), "nana" (banana), or "mum-mum" or "bah" (ball)
Other new tricks:
HE DANCES! It's hilarious.
No more nursing - he made it very clear he is OVER it.
Him and Tater are best friends - but also nemeses.
The amount of talking he is doing has quadrupled in the past week
He loves his mom and dad - he runs to us with hugs when we come home from work (that is the BEST!)
He has 4 teeth with some more pretty close to the surface
He LOVES sleeping - and will turn off the lights and point to his bed when he's sleepy. It's awesome.
He still takes 2 naps per day - each one is at least 2 hours long.
I am so happy to be staying home with him so much lately (thank you to my wonderful job for giving me the opportunity to work from home!) I've made the decision to continue staying home during the mornings and early afternoons until grad school (hopefully!) next fall. I just want to soak up all this baby time that I'll never get back with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment