Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February Update

I cannot believe this month is nearly over - WOW.

Ryland is about to turn 23 months old - which really means he's nearly 2!  That is nuts.  I miss my tiny baby so much these days and Brent admitted this morning he does too.  Everyone keeps telling me that means it's time for another - but we are just not ready for that.  Besides, we love giving our little guy all the attention and love we have, and that's enough for us now.

He amazes us everyday at the things he knows and how much he has started talking.  Last night he took the iPad out of my hands and said "No, Mama.  Read a book" ("no, mama...Wee a boo.")


He's my little chatterbox - always telling me something.

We got a fish last week.  Ry's current favorite movie that he watched over and over while we were in Louisiana is Finding Nemo.  I think that inspired the name he gave his fish: "Momo"

 He checks on Momo several times a day.  He always tells him 'night night' before bedtime.  His favorite thing to do is feed Momo, and I've had to hide the fish food because of it.

He's always asking me to turn on music to he can dance, he loves to watch football and basketball on tv with daddy, he is so stinking social it is SCARY.  I mean, he will walk up to absolutelt anyone and give them a hug.   No stranger anxiety from this guy.  

He knows nearly every animal sound and my favorite is when he makes a rooster noise.  I posted a video of it so you can see.  It's way too cute.
*edit: WAIT!  this is not the right video.  But I don't have time to find it now.  This one is funny too - he gets sad when I ask him to say night-night and binky, because clearly it is not bedtime yet.  For his rooster sound, imagine his cute little voice saying "dock-a-dock-a-dock-dock-a-DOO!:


He's our little comedian.  He has started dressing up funny and running to me yelling "cheese!"  He knows I love to take his picture and he likes to look at the camera to see how funny he looks.


 I found this picture of us from Valentine's day when we were 19.  So funny!  Brent took me out to a fancy restaurant that night, and we ordered the cheapest thing on the menu.  This year, we rented a movie and the PlayStation broke halfway through playing it.  So we spent the rest of the evening troubleshooting it.
But really, we went on two dates that week - so we counted that as our celebration.
 We made this glasses at a friend's glassblowing studio. Brent's is the striped one and mine is the spotted.  

 Ryland is really into art lately, which I LOVE!  He has gone through 2 whole coloring books (that's 900 pages) since Christmas.  His favorite medium is stickers.

My fundraising is going well though - thank you to all who have donated!  My marathon training has turned to half marathon training.  I had a hard time coming back after my off and on training during January - due to vacations, weather, and the trip to Louisiana.  And now, I have a crazy intense outer ear infection and I can barely turn my head, let alone stand the jostling of running.  It is the most the most painful experience of my life.  I would post a picture of my face, but I don't even like to post pictures of me on a good day.  Just picture me with the right side of my face completely swollen.  I'm on day 5 and really hoping this thing turns around TODAY.  I could use some sleep, and a meal I can chew.  Brent is taking good care of me.





No comments: