I can't believe my baby brother is 14 today. Happy Birthday, Chase!
In other news - I had another prenatal appointment today. I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks since my last one - how is this going by so quickly?? The good news from today: we went over the results from my ultrasound from 3 weeks ago. Our baby boy is perfectly healthy - everything in it's right place, he's measuring to be exactly where he should be (not too big or too small), his heartbeat is strong, my weight gain is great (only up 5 pounds! Maybe I won't be HUGE at the end of this!), and all my blood tests up to this point have been perfect. The kind of bad news: this pesky blood pressure is still out of the roof and my midwife used the word "baffled." Great. It might not necessarily be bad if I can prove it's "white coat syndrome." The first step - pee into a giant jug for the next 24 hours to do yet another protein analysis (I've already had 2 smaller versions of this test that have come back negative). If I pass that - I get to keep my very own home blood pressure log - yippee. I'm hoping for blood pressure log and not the other route - BUT I'll do whatever I need to do.
I am glad they are keeping such a close eye on me - but am so embarrassed about the thought of lugging around this giant pee jug with me at work tomorrow. I'm trying to work from home - we'll see if it works out.
I'm behind on my baby journal - no time for fun photo-editing these days. The pictures are taken, I just have to get everything into photoshop.
No comments:
Post a Comment