Monday, November 23, 2009

Update on tests

Last Wednesday I stayed home from work to collect all my pee in a huge jug for 24 hours.  I couldn't find a sanitary way to store this jug, walk to and from the bathroom with it, and not to mention get everything where it's supposed to go while at work... so I took a day off. 

I really love Group Health - within 4 hours of having my blood drawn all my tests results were emailed to me.  They were perfect.  My midwife followed up with me that night. Within 8 hours of turning in my urine sample, my protein analysis test was emailed to me. Also perfect.  Another midwife checked-in with me twice that night.  Within this two day period of my prenatal appointment and all lab tests, I had all my results and I received 3 personal emails from my midwives checking in on me - they are all so sweet.  I'm so happy to have good insurance right now - even if it does cost an arm and a leg every month I'm pretty sure it's worth it at this point in my life.  
So basically - everything is FINE.  I'm sure it's not the last time I'll be doing all these tests.  However, to get to the bottom of my blood pressure mystery, I've purchased this little guy:

So now I can keep a log of my blood pressure at home and we can't find out if this is actually white-coat syndrome like everyone is suspecting.  
My hope is using this little guy regularly will also desensitize me to having my bp taken in the office.  So while this may or may not be the end of the blood pressure craziness,  me and the baby are healthy and that's all I need to know right now.

No comments: