Monday, November 23, 2009

visit from brent's family

Brent's dad had a conference in Seattle this weekend so we got to spend some time with his parents.  While his dad was busy in class, we kept his mom busy painting the nursery.  I chose the color "pear" - it's a super light yellowy-green.  The lighting in that room is too bad for me to take a picture of it right now - but here's the color from the online sample:

Brent's parents were super generous and totally spoiled us.  They bought the baby a crib with a dresser/changing table that I am really excited about.  It won't be here for another week or so, but this is what we ended up buying:


I can't wait to get it all set up.  I just have to finish the art work I started for it and purchase some "ugly dolls."  Am I weird for thinking monsters are a perfect theme for a baby's room??  You have to admit they're cute... in an ugly way.


I'm also using some artwork from Maurice Sendak's illustrations in Where the Wild Things Are - so it's an ecclectic mix of monsters.  

Brent's family also threw me an early birthday party complete with Trophy Cupcakes, bought a beautiful new rug for our living room, and bought us "UP" - which will make any person with a heart cry.... a lot.



So we got spoiled, and it was fun.


1 comment:

Sonya said...

Brandi, I love the paint color and the monsters!