Hopefully that is my last belly pic.
It's my first day of being unemployed - I can't really call this maternity leave as I'm not planning on going back to the job I left. I feel really unproductive - I don't know what to do with myself when I'm at home. So far I've done laundry.
We are ready to have this baby.
We've been walking for a couple hours a day to try to get things moving - it's been gorgeous in Seattle so this hasn't been a hard thing to do. We're taking all kinds of induction tips - one woman told me she went into labor immediately after eating a peach - so Brent bought me a peach at the grocery store last night. I'm sure it won't help - but it can't hurt!
I was up all night with painful contractions but they've slowed down significantly this morning, I managed to sleep about 3 hours. I should probably take a nap. I know they can go on like this for days or weeks so resting is probably the best thing I can do.
I feel tired - physically and mentally. It's a good thing I am done with work - I am not functioning at normal capacity.
In other news, Brent started his student teaching today! He's pretty excited about his kindergarten classroom. Hopefully he's is able to focus better than I am today.
This entry is really disjointed... naptime?

3 comments:
I heard you joined Rob in his Greenlake walk yesterday. I was jealous that I wasn't there! I'm missing you guys, and Seattle, really badly. Lots of labor vibes!
Oh I so hope that this little guy decides to make his appearance soon! Have you tried bouncing on a workout ball? We are so excited for you guys!!!
Baby Boy Allred will be here so soon! I can't wait and have been thinking about you. This last stretch is exhausting. Hang in there! I am looking forward to labor details and lots of pictures!
Post a Comment