We've been home for a couple days now - we weren't going to be discharged until Tuesday but since Ryland and I were both doing so well, we got leave late Monday afternoon. Being home is great. Ryland is awesome. He loves to eat and is a pretty good sleeper (although he is a night owl!). My mom has been a huge help doing all the cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and even stayed up all last night so I could get some sleep. Our friends created a meal calendar and someone has signed up to bring us dinner every night for the next couple of weeks.
My recovery is going really well - I didn't know what to expect. My nurse told me I must have a high pain tolerance as I really haven't been that uncomfortable at all. I am having a hard time NOT doing things and it's driving me crazy I can't lift anything heavier than Ryland. I definitely don't enjoy being waited on!
Anyway, we're all great. Parenthood seems to be coming pretty naturally and Brent and I are both enjoying it :)
1 comment:
It is SO nice having your mom help with a new baby. I know it is hard being waited on, but your 'help' will be gone before you know it. (P.S. You've got some nice friends to bring you that many meals - enjoy!)
Post a Comment