I didn't think this day would turn out like this - but I also was settled to the fact that I would be pregnant forever...
I had an appointment today - my blood pressure was jumping all over the place with a range of 40 points (systolic was anywhere from 118 to 160). I saw an OB today because my midwives were all booked. He looked at my blood pressure and suggested induction. I immediately but politely declined. After a little more persuading from him I agreed to see how to non stress test went before we made an official decision. During the non-stress test baby did pretty well but had some decelerations in heart rate which pointed to my fluid levels being low - they were borderline on Tuesday. I wanted the opinion of the midwife on call. Her opinion was I'm already a week overdue, baby is ready to come, she was worried about my blood pressure increasing or my fluid levels dropping before I went into labor on my own. She suggested I come in tonight to "ripen my cervix" since I'm not very dilated yet and we'll see if that starts labor.
So Brent and I are at the birth center - I've got my prostaglandin gel in place and we're hoping to not have to start pitocin in the morning. BUT that's the plan if I don't go into labor tonight.
I was cramping and contracting on my own when I arrived - they were 8 minutes apart and I'm not sure what we're at now. Hopefully that's a sign that I'm going to respond well to this!
Next post will be about our baby boy :)
1 comment:
Hooray! I am following the events on Facebook. Can't wait to see him. Thinking about you.
Post a Comment