Suddenly Ryland is extremely interested in real food. Maybe it was the rice cereal that made him realize there's more out there than just breast milk. We figure since he's showing such a strong interest, we'll start a little bit of baby-led weaning and let him taste what we're eating (well, some things anyway). He reaches for our food and sticks it straight in his mouth and nom-noms on it until we take it away. A couple days ago he was reaching for my dill pickle (both hands out, licking lips, desperately wanting a taste!) So thinking he would HATE it and make a funny face, I let him have it. He was in heaven. He sucked and licked it over and over - huge smile on his face, and he cried when I took it away.
Today we had pickles with our lunch, so I let him have one again.
about 2 seconds after I turned off the camera he started screaming! More pickles!!!
I think pickles are pretty high in sodium - so I won't be letting him snack on these guys ALL the time. But I think occasionally sucking some juice out of pickles will seem like a pretty good treat to him.
1 comment:
What a cutie!
Post a Comment