Monday, September 13, 2010

My Yeasty Beast

See that white tongue?

for the past week I've been talking to Brent about how thick my milk must be because I kept noticing a lot of white in Ry's mouth which I thought was milk residue.   On Saturday night, we noticed he had a diaper rash - which he's never had before.  Sunday morning the rash was way worse, Ryland was refusing to nurse, and I was particularly sore.  It took that long for me to realize that he has thrush - as do I.  I opened his mouth and was shocked to see the insides of his cheeks and the roof of mouth were covered with it - as well as his lips.  

Poor baby... mama's guilt. 

He's all fixed up with creams and drops now - our first non-routine doctor's visit!  I'm also very happy to report he's eating again - his little mouth must be feeling better.  Definitely know what to look for now so hopefully it won't ever get this bad again.

No comments: