Thursday, October 14, 2010

Workin' Mama

Hats off to all the mamas who manage to work full-time - I don't know how you do it emotionally.  I wish we could afford for me to continue staying home with little man as much as I do - but with Brent working full-time for no pay, we just can't swing it! 
I just accepted a position consulting with a school district (a whole new area for me = exciting!) - so I'm going to be a workin' mama 3 days a week now.  Good thing we have some awesome ladies who love to look after Ry-Ry, there's no way I could handle this change without them.  It's good for him to have a little space from me, right?
I think I can manage part-time - I will be putting down my foot on working more than this though!  I love hanging out with my little guy too much. 
Have to keep thinking of the short-term goals... paid-off debt and a bigger place to live! (I guess the long-term is retirement and college for the babe... and becoming homeowners sometime before then would be nice?)

2 comments:

Greg and Michelle said...

I admire all working moms as well. Good luck with this change! We understand the financial stress; we have both been looking for more work. I am glad you have a great support system though for people to watch Ryland!

Beth Stout said...

Wow- tell me about the new job! Congrats!