How is he 7 months old? He suddenly seems more like a little boy to me than a baby. Ry is a constantly-getting-into-things-never-stop-moving kind of guy. He's also a really happy, easy-going, content, and chill little dude. I couldn't have asked for a better baby! We are constantly asking ourselves how we got so lucky.
Here's what our little man is up to in his 7th month (most of the milestones are related to food - because it's his favorite thing in the world):
*he is an eating machine. If you're eating, he wants to be eating it and he's a bottomless pit. We let him try a lot of things - he's never had any sign of any allergy so I'm not too paranoid about letting him taste our dinners. Mostly he's eating some homemade fruit and veggie goodness but he LOVES babyfood from a jar (he must love that slimy texture).
*In addition to his puree, oatmeal, and cereal meals - he is really enjoying Baby Mum Mum bars (think of rice cakes...) and those little dissolving fruit-flavored wheat puffs that I can't remember the name of...
* His pincer-grasp is coming along great - so he is eating finger food like peas while we are eating dinner. We love that he is able to feed himself a little and give us time to eat!
* Ry is sooo bored with nursing. Of course he'll do it when he's really really hungry, but it's difficult to get him to slow down enough to eat. From the second he wakes up he is go-go-go. It's frustrating for me, but he's still growing and gaining weight. I wish he loved nursing - but I'm pretty sure he can't wait to be off the milk. He'll have to put up with it a while longer though.
* He is a mama's boy through and through. He reaches for me when others are holding him and I secretly love it.
*According to our home scale - he's weighing in at about 17.5 pounds - getting pretty close to trippling his birth weight.
*For as much as he loves tummy time and being on the floor - I am surprised to say he is not crawling. I know he's still young for that milestone - but he's been so close for about 6 weeks.
*He is starting to pull himself up on low objects
*His favorite toys are his stacking blocks, his big recylcing truck, and his piano
* He loves to jump and he'll do it all day long.
*he loves his sippy cup - but not as much as mom's water glass.
*i think he's also taking an interest in the visual arts...
*He's still pretty darn cute
*He's learned to scream when he wants something. I must have reinforced this once and it's been going strong since. We're teaching him now that screaming does not equal getting anything.
*Baby sign language is the cutest thing ever and he's starting to recognize some signs. He has yet to do one but he seems to know "dog" "eat" and "milk" when we sign it
and the big milestone:
*He waves hi and bye. Just did this today to several people in a restaurant.
Growing up way too fast around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment