Saturday, November 20, 2010

week in review

First of all, I'm sure this doesn't bug any of you as much as it bugs me - but new blog design is in the works.  I apologize for the weird title/picture combo going on.  Like I said before, sure no one cares but me!

Rylie-pie (he keeps aquiring nicknames) is a busy guy lately.  He can get around the house pretty well now - he loves to get under things (like wedge his tooshie under the sofa and crawl in the rocking saucer of the exersaucer.)  He is not officially crawling though - he pulls himself along the ground by his arms like the creepy dead girl in The Ring.  Bad analogy, but that's what it reminds me of.  He gets super frustrated too - and will throw his little face into the carpet and scream.  I love it.  Getting mobile is hard work. 

He is a clapping machine!  He loves to applaud himself when he feeds himself.  I need to film this.  Last night he was eating cottage cheese, and every time he got a curd inhis mouth he would start clapping.  Of course my child would find ways to reinforce his own behavior... he must catch on to all the weird reward systems I put in place for myself.





He's also obsessed with books.  He literally throws a tantrum for them whenever he sees them.  I can't wait until he gets better at signing so he has a way to communicate other than screaming.  But back to the books - he loves them.  We go to the library and he picks out board books. He loves to lay down with books by himself and turn the pages.  Looks like he's going to be a bookworm like his momma!

Yesterday I was taking some 3 month photos of baby Addie.  Ryland loves Addie - as in laughs at her when she cries and wants to pull her hair out.  They have matching bear hoodies so I wanted to get a few pictures of them together.  I thought it was sweet Ryland grabbed Addie's hand when she was crying (this was the end of the photoshoot - she was sick of me)

I've been working quite a bit and it's been a great thing.  I am really appreciating every moment I spend at home with my little guy.  He's a good boy for his babysitters so that makes me feel better about leaving. 

Today I'm going to a wedding of one of my old coworkers.  Our budget is soooo tight around here right now (can't wait until Brent is done with this unpaid internship!!!)  I made a wedding present from things I had laying around and think it turned out pretty cute.  I may make an "A" for our own home.


The not so great part of this week?  My child is waking up 3 times a night to eat.  I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

The wedding gift you made is really cute Brandi - I bet they loved it.