Sunday, February 6, 2011

10 months!

 Our baby is 10 months old!

Here's an update on Ry-Guy:

*I didn't think he could get any crazier - but he has.  He just never stops moving.  Never.  And he gets so frustrated if you try to hold and cuddle him.  I miss the cuddly stages a lot.  But I think this little guy who is go-go-go is hilarious.
*His favorite new trick is to stand up on something and then let go.  It really freaks me out - he's gotten quite a few head bumps lately.  BUT he's getting good at standing by himself

 *He loves our new washer/dryer (yes, it's a combo washer/dryer... I never even knew such a wonderful thing existed.)

 *He spends most of his day like this.  Standing up against the window.

 * He will still choose a book over any other toy

 *He seems more like a toddler than a baby to me these days.  

*He loves to climb up into things.  In the above picture he was trying to stow away in dad's indoor soccer tote.  

 *He loves to be outside - he whines every time we open a door (to let Shelby in or out) and don't fully go outside.  We are going to have so much fun this summer!

 *He is starting to point.  Maybe it's my line of work that causes me to be so thrilled about this - but I just absolutely love to see him pointing.  It's like he's saying "hey mom, check this out!"

*He can crawl correctly now - but he's so over crawling.  Now all he wants to do is WALK.  He is taking little steps by himself - that always end with a face-plant in the floor.  But he'll get it soon, and that makes me SAD. 

Other highlights:
*He has one GIGANTIC upper tooth - the only tooth in his mouth is top and center.  So cute.
*He will be getting another tooth any day now - this one is a doozy and we seriously have not slept for more than 2 hours straight in 4 nights.  
*Besides the teething, he is normally a good sleeper.  He goes to bed at 8 pm and wakes up at 7 am.  Every now and then he still wants a 5 am snack.
*He suddenly loves to nurse again.  I think he was on strike the past 2 months.  He's never been an easy baby to nurse - he's just too busy.  I am definitely enjoying having this calm bonding time with him. 
*he jabbers all the time.  It's so cute.  He has stopped saying "hey" and "hi" though which is a bummer because that was hilarious.  Now it's a constant stream of "a-dabadabadaba"
*Still a great eater.  We hang out with a cute 17 month old during the days now and Ryland eats at least 5 times as much as baby J.   It's crazy.

*Foods that he goes crazy for:
-spaghetti with meatballs
-peaches
-mac and cheese
-yogurt
-waffles
-breakfast sausage

*he eats whatever we're eating for dinner now - I've stopped making special meals for him because he ends up whining for whatever I'm eating anyway. 
*He takes 2 naps.  One at 10 and one at 3
*He's so handsome - this is not a new development of course ;)  We just think he's really stinkin' good looking.


We're quickly approaching the first birthday - we're already making BIG plans for his big day.  Seattle friends, clear your calendars for April 3rd! 

No comments: