Sunday, February 27, 2011

he's looking so grown up

 Lately, when friends who haven't seen Ryland for a few weeks see him - they say, "he looks like a kid!"  It's true - he's losing that "baby" look and turning into quite a handsome little man.

His hair is suddenly thick - and no longer baby-fine.  It's got some texture and even some waves coming through.  Maybe there's hope for him having curls like his mama!  Curls on baby boys are really the cutest things, you can't argue that.  His hair is also getting super long in the back on his neck.... like a mullet. What do I do?  Trim it?  I love baby boys with long shaggy hair... but not mullets.  A trim may be coming his way.

His face has lost that sweet chubbiness. Ryland has thinned out - A LOT!  He hasn't lost weight, but he's gaining it much slower than he was.  He was such an adorable rolly-poly baby until he hit 6 months, and now he's shaped like a toddler (of course he still has adorable dimply knuckles and elbows - they are scrumptous)

He has his first freckle - on his cheek. If he's anything like his mama there will be hundreds more to come.

His sweet 2 front teeth show when he smiles - I LOVE it.


and he does THIS thing a lot... the funny head tilt smile.  Very toddler-esque.  

This age is so fun and he is becoming such a good-looking kid (I'm biased of course, but I just think he's so cute!) but I am really missing the baby-ness tonight. 

No comments: