Brent is watching a basketball game with some friends - during this time home alone I was planning on doing laundry. Then the back pain struck... This back pain has been putting me on the couch with heat pads for at least an hour per day for the past week and it is showing no signs on letting up. Please don't be overdue, baby. Even just 4 more weeks seems too long!
I've been spending some quality time on google - searching for baby-related world record holders. Here's what I've learned:
The youngest mother recorded in history: Lina Medina of Peru gave birth to a son before she turned 6 years old. Apparently she began puberty at the age of 8 months! It was never discovered how she became pregnant - sad story.
The largest baby in history - a 23lb 12 ounce baby was born in Canada in 1879. Unfortunately he died the day he was born.
The smallest living baby born - a baby weighing 8.6 ounces at birth - she was born at 26 weeks gestational age, which is definitely not the youngest preemie - but 8.6 ounces, whoah!
Oldest mother recorded in history - in 2008, a 70 year old woman gave birth to twins in India.
Interesting, right?
My dear friend, Sharon, pampered me today by scheduling me a manicure and pedicure. I haven't touched my feet in months and it feels so good to have them all scrubbed up and polished. I'm a new woman. Now I need to schedule myself for the massage Katie bought me for my birthday - I'm finally uncomfortable enough that I can't wait any longer! Thank goodness for fantastic friends.
I also hit the 36 week mark today. I am so huge and obviously pregnant - I get those "you're about to pop!" comments all the time now. Despite this, I have plans with friends tonight starting at 10 pm. A night out with a bunch of young, non-pregnant, single ladies. I fit right in. I figure I need to live it up while I still can, this baby is going to keep me home many Saturday nights soon enough!
1 comment:
Yes, lady, go get that massage! Can't hurt with all that icky back pain. Glad Sharon got your feet looking pretty :)
Post a Comment