Friday, September 3, 2010

5 Months Old

What to say? We've been parents for 5 months. We really couldn't ask for a cuter, sweeter, or more well-behaved baby.


we think he's pretty close to perfect :)


Here's what our little Ry-Guy is up to recently:
  • He sits REALLY well now - no more tumbles!
  • He suddenly loves his rice cereal - I mean LOVES. Literally screams when he sees the box come out of the cupboard.
  • He wants "real food" sooo badly - licking his lips while I'm eating and reaching out to grab anything from my plate. I've given in a few times. I was eating a pear for breakfast while he was eating his cereal - I may have mashed up a little and given him some... He was in heaven. I guess my philosophy is if he's interested, he's probably ready.
  • He has the cutest laugh ever - I'm going to empty the videocamera onto the computer tonight - maybe if you're lucky I'll upload some.
  • He is sleeping pretty well. Usually he goes to bed at 8 in his crib, wakes up around 4 for a snack then I bring him into our bed. He's usually up and ready to start the day at 6:30.
  • He takes 3 naps a day - one around 9, one around noon, and one around 4.
  • Still hates to sleep when we're out and about
  • Loves his feet - and my feet (he laughs and laughs whenever he sees my feet, weirdo.)
  • He JABBERS constantly - our neighbors have reported hearing him from their house.
  • He loves Shelby - especially when she wags her tail. That's so funny.
  • He has some favorite toys. He just discovered the green car (in above pics). He likes to roll it around on the ground (such a BOY!) and then eat it. He also loves his kick and play piano.
  • He loves sleeping with his mama - if I ever want a good long nap, I just lay him down with me and he's out for at least 2 hours.
I was having a hard time getting him to sleep because his little hands are so busy. I found tucking a stuffed animal in his palm to run his fingers through solves the problem. I took this picture after he was done soothing himself but it's still cute.

are you melting? Love that face.


and I love his serious face too. He's just so darn photogenic.

1 comment:

ckallred8 said...

He is five months old and sitting up so well! Ryland is so photogenic - such an adorable baby - perfect! He has great parents, too. Keep up the fitness challenge - you can do it!