Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter in Ephrata

 Last year, we spent Easter recovering from a C-Section and getting to know our new baby - who was just hours old.  We did an egg hunt with Shelby a week later after realizing we missed Easter all together.

This year we went to Ephrata and spent the holiday with our families.  
Here goes the picture overload:

We spent Saturday coloring eggs at Mimi's house - I didn't really manage to take pictures of any of my family, however!
He crashed after church on Sunday - I think he must have been sitting up when he fell asleep.  I found him like this 10 minutes after putting him in his crib.  He slept for about 3 hours, so this must hand been comfortable.  As soon as he woke up, we left for grandma and grandpa Allred's house
Shelby's Easter Basket (our dog LOVES to open easter eggs filled with doggie treats)
Ryland's Easter Basket
 I filled all of his eggs with "healthy candy" - freeze-dried fruit and veggie yogurt
"What, mama?  No sugary candy for me?"
but don't worry, his grandmas made sure he got plenty of candy throughout the day...
After a yummy lunch, it was time for the BIG Easter egg hunt with cousins!
Ryland found a golden MONEY egg!
The Easter Bunny hid bubbles around the yard - Ryland got a nice stash

Showing Grandpa his goodies
The Easter bunny also hid treats for Shelby around the yard!
Ryland found a pine cone to add to his basket.  On another notes, isn't grandma and grandpa's yard beautiful?  We got married here and I love taking photos of our little guy exploring the landscape.
and he picked some of grandma's beautiful flowers
I love the age he is at.  He participated in the egg hunt and had so much fun!  Can't believe this little guy is not really a baby anymore, but an active and smart toddler!



Getting the cousins to all sit together AND look at the camera is an impossible task.  I took 40 pictures and in none of them are all the kiddos looking at the camera. 





At the beginning of the photo shoot, Ryland was REALLY mad that we stopped him from exploring the yard to sit with his cousins






But then he discovered the goodies in his basket....




And the rest of the 36 photos his face is covered in jelly bean drool.

That's a cute bunch of Allreds - Ian, Isaac, Ryland, and Izzie

New baby Ilyssa joined for a few pictures - too bad the patience of the other 4 had pretty much worn out at that point.

    
Our gorgeous new niece Ilyssa Kay. I pretty much hogged her all day.    





No comments: