And I recommend this little guy above. The screen swivels around and lays down flat - so little fingers can't remove dvds or push buttons. It also claims to be durable... we shall see! I wish these things existed when I was a kid for long car rides!
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Yo Gabba Gabba
Before Ry was born - I would have told you I would never be one of those parents that let's their baby watch TV. Then I met Ryland and he showed us his EXTREME hatred for the car from day 1. We go to Ephrata about once a month and it's a 3 hour drive. 3 hours of crying - each way. This most recent trip, we stopped at a WalMart on our way back to Seattle - desperate to find something to keep him entertained for the rest of the drive (our nerves are always so shot after a car ride with this guy!) We spent way too much on a portable dvd player that can rest in his lap and a Yo Gabba Gabba dvd (one of our friends swears it's the best thing out there for toddler entertainment). The result? Nothing but happy giggles the rest of the car ride. So I've concluded Yo Gabba Gabba is magical - (and I find "DJ Lance Rock" pretty entertaining with his orange spandex and creepy facial expressions.) Ry has also been quite the dancer since he began watching this show - which makes me think maybe he actually learning something from it. The show is pretty much just up-beat dance music with cute monsters singing songs like "There's a Party in my Tummy (so yummy, so yummy!)" and "Don't Bite your Friends" Anyway, you should watch it. It will make you laugh and it makes babies dance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment