When Brent and I got married - we had two cars. We sold them both and bought a newer car to share (the Santa Fe). We also bought a moped. We used the moped and our bus passes to get around the city. We used the car for out-of-city transportation.
Since we had a baby, we have stopped taking the bus and absolutely cannot put an infant on the moped. That leaves us with one car... With Brent working all over the school dristrict and me working all over the county - the car sharing has been more than difficult and frustrating lately. And whoever does not have the car is stuck at home or to the confines of our neighborhood - we were going crazy!
I'm ready to go increase my hours at work and put Ryland in a part-time childcare situation (I think he'll love being with other kids) - that can't happen until I have some transportation. I called Brent on Friday and said "we should look at cars tomorrow..." and Saturday we bought one (so maybe we're a little impulsive...) We LOVE our new Corolla.
The thing I love most is this little guy is practically new with only 11,000 miles on it - and it's a certified Toyota used vehicle so we have the FULL warranty for the next 10 years or 100,000 miles. That is as good as new to me. The peace of mind of not having to dump money into this car like we've had to with the Santa Fe is so great!
After we bought it, Brent told me it was officially MY car. Thanks, love!
So we both have a car now :) It was nice to have a car to be able to go to the lake with Ryland today while Brent was working one of his 12 hour days. Bye-bye cabin fever, I won't miss you.
3 comments:
I love the car! How fun! Car sharing can be so frustrating when your schedule is so different. So glad this worked out!
Woohoo for new cars! And for the freedom to hang out with me more, haha. OK, so I'm selfish :)
haha, yeah Katie. No more "well, we COULD do that, if you come pick us up!"
Post a Comment