Thursday, July 22, 2010

Trip to Ephrata... without "daddy"



Last Thursday we attempted our first trip across the state with just me and Ry. It was Ephrata's annual music festival and it had been awhile since we had seen my dad and sisters and brother. So Ry and I left Seattle at 4 pm... and arrived in Ephrata at 10 pm. This is normally a 3 hour trip. I never thought about how lonely he would be in the back (I normally ride back there with him on long trips) and he CRIED nearly the whole time. I had to pull over every 5-10 minutes to comfort him and play with him unless he fell asleep (and in his sleep he sniffle - so sad!) So needless to say we won't be doing that again. I learned my lesson and we left to come back to Seattle when he was sound asleep - around 10 pm.

this is Ry - about 4 hours into our trip

The rest of the weekend was fun - Ry got to spend a lot of time with his aunts and uncles and visited his grandparents on both sides of the family.
My mom "Mimi" bought Ry this fun exersaucer at a consignment shop we wandered into - we put him in there to play while we shopped and he loved it so much we had to get it. he is still a little small for it, but he loves to play with the toys - I just prop him up with a pillow.
of course all the toys go in his mouth.

I love this picture of Ry with my dad "G-Pop"... I was really bad about taking pictures over the weekend - I completely forgot my camera while we were helping Brent's mom sell apricots at the farmer's market and when Ry was playing with his cousins. Now that I am looking at the pictures, they are mostly Chase's guitars (he must have gotten ahold of my camera) and self-portraits of Callie.

No comments: